World Read Aloud Day 2014

We celebrated World Read Aloud Day by inviting guests to come to our class and read a favorite picture book.  We also Skyped with author, Tara Lazar.  She read her picture book, The Monstore to us and even answered some of our questions.  Students brought in new and almost new books to donate to a local charity too.  It was an exciting and meaningful day.

monstore

World Read Aloud Day is sponsored by LitWorld.com as a way to advocate for the right to read.  All children and adults have the right to read.  Celebrate your right to read by reading aloud to your child every day.

5 thoughts on “World Read Aloud Day 2014

1. Daniel's Mom

Sorry I missed your celebration, looks like it was a great day !!! What wonderful days in second grade !!!

Reply
  2. Patty Rendall

Thank you so much for inviting me to your class on World Read Aloud Day. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did and I am so glad the gang was able to get the ball out of the tree!!! I hope I can come to read again soon.. Room 202 is AWESOME!!!

Reply
  3. diane healey

Peter couldn’t stop talking about read aloud day.he really enjoyed the whole day.what a great idea!

Reply