It’s Winter Break! What are you reading?

Yesterday Mrs. Rosenquist began reading Kate Messner’s new book, All The Answers.  It’s about a girl, Ava, who finds a pencil that provides the answers to her questions.  So far I’m enjoying it very much.  I especially like the characters Ava and her best friend Sophie.  Ava is a worrier and often talks herself out of trying new things, while Sophie is the opposite!  Sophie is adventurous and more of a risk taker.

20150215-084531.jpg

What are you reading now?

10 thoughts on “It’s Winter Break! What are you reading?

1. Panika

Dear Mrs.Rosenquist,
    I recently read Cassie’s Marty Mcguire book,called Marty Mcguire Digs Worms.Now I’m reading Capture The Flag.I’m looking foward to read Hide And Seek.Can I have All the Answers to put in my book basket?I really think it’s a good fit book for me.
    From,
    Panika

Reply
    1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

Hi Panika,
      I’m glad you are enjoying Capture the Flag. I can’t wait to talk to you about it. I think Kyle read it too, so we will all have to chat about the book together. Which Marty McGuire book did you borrow from Cassie?
      Mrs. Rosenquist

Reply
  2. Panika

Dear Mrs.Rosenquist,
    I read Marty Mcguire Digs Worms.It was about when Marty had to do a project ; and she chose to do a project about worms and how theyturn food into rich soil.How did you like that book?
    love,
    Panika

Reply
  3. Ethan

Dear Mrs. Rosenquist,
    I was reading The Adventures of Captain Underpants but I finished it last night. Now I’m going to start reading Stink and the Freaky Frog Freakout.
    From,
    Ethan

Reply
    1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

Hi Ethan!
      I just finished a new book called The Terrible Two. It was very funny. It’s about this kid, Miles, who wants to be the school prankster at his new school. There’s only one problem – the school has a prankster already. The book includes a school bully and a rather mean principal and cows! I think you would really enjoy the story, especially if you like Stink and Captain Underpants.
      See you Monday,
      Mrs. Rosenquist

Reply
  4. Panika

Dear Mrs.Rosenquist,
    I agree,I also wanted to build a worm house.I was thinking to buy a flower pot ,put some dirt in it then some worms can move in,as long as Ms.Victor lets us do that and we can give the worms the extra food,like Marty Mcguire did.What do you think?Are you done with All The Answers?When you read it may I have it to put it in my book basket?
    Love,
    Panika

Reply
    1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

Hi Panika!
      Yes, I’ve finished All the Answers. It was so very good and very surprising. I don’t want to give away all the parts, but I will ask you – If you had a pencil that could answer all of your questions, which questions would you ask? Are there any questions you wouldn’t ask? I will share the book in class once I get the book cover. So many great books! I look forward to our book club next week.
      See you Monday,
      Mrs. Rosenquist

Reply
  5. Panika

Dear Mrs.Rosenquist,
    I would ask the pencil the answers to the math questions on a test.The answers to spelling asinments.I would definatly ask if I had any powers if not I would ask if I could defelope them.I only have 1 more question I would ask the penncil is can the pencil fix my teeth and my eyes so I won’t have glasses,braces and a patel expander.Can I put it in my book basket? It looks very intresting.
    Love,
    Panika

Reply