It’s Summer! What are you reading?

It’s Summer! What are you reading?

Each week during the summer I will try and write a post about summer reading.  I hope you will visit our blog and post a comment about your own summer reading!  It’s a great way to keep in touch and learn about great books!  Happy Reading and Happy Summer!

So here is what I’m currently reading.  Post a comment and let us hear from you!

genius filesYou might recognize this book because I showed the book trailer last week.  It’s the first of a series.  The main characters are Coke and Pepsi McDonald who are twins.  They have recently  found out that they have been chosen to be part of a genius team of kids that are suppose to help solve the world’s problems.  The only problem is that there is another organization that wants these kids dead!  I’m about half way through the book and so far Coke and Pep are on a trip across the country and have had to avoid the bad guys twice so far!  If you like mystery and adventure I think you will enjoy this series.  Fans of Kate Messner’s Hide and Seek and Capture the Flag will enjoy this book too!

Here are the next 3 books on my TBR list. (TBR = To Be Read) Lisa Graff is the author of Absolutely Almost which we read this year.

cody lost in the sungiants beware

We can’t wait to hear from you – so make sure to come back this summer and post a comment on one of our Summer Reading posts.  What are you reading?

13 thoughts on “It’s Summer! What are you reading?

1. Panika

Dear Abby,
    What are you reading? I’m going to the library soon. What book did you want to recommend to me? I might get “Wonder” from the library. I recently finished the 5th Imaginary Veterinary book named “The Griffin’s Riddle”.
    Love,
    Panika

Reply
    1. Kayla

Dear mrs Rosenquist,
      I’m reading Zita the Space girl.I want to read Giants Beware. What are you reading?
      Love,
      Kayla

Reply
  2. Cassie

Dear Mrs. Rosenquist,
    I am going to start the book Drama.Also my sister is going to a book store to get books with her friend and I am going to give her money to buy me the book The Comic Squad.
    From,
    Cassie

Reply
    1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

Dear Cassie,
      You are such a big Reina Telgemeier fan! You definitely should try her Baby-Sitter’s Club graphic novel series. Enjoy Comic Squad!
      Mrs. Rosenquist

Reply
      1. Cassie

Dear Mrs.Rosenquist,
        My B-day is coming up so I can ask people to get me the baby sitters club!
        From,
        Cassie

Reply
  3. Kayla

Dear Mrs Rosenquist,
    I’m reading the Lonely Lake Monster.I want to read Giants Beware.What are you reading?
    From Kayla

Reply
    1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

Hi Kayla!
      Please tell us about The Lonely Lake Monster…is that part of the Sasquatch Escape series? This week I went to the library and checked out some new picture books. Hmmm….maybe there will be a future Caldecott in the pile!
      Mrs. Rosenquist

Reply
      1. Kayla Haufler

Dear mrs Rosenquist,

Yes it’s part of the Sasquatch series.
        The loney lake monster is good so far . The only creature they mentioned is a leprechaun .
        From Kayla

Reply
        1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

ooo….I wonder if the book will involve the Lochness Monster? Happy Reading Kayla!

Reply
  4. Panika

Dear Mrs.Rosenquist, Kayla, and Cassie,
    Hope you had a good summer so far.I am reading Jack The True Story of Jack & The Beanstalk.I am only on chapter 1.There is only 5 books in the Sasquatch Escape Series. The third book in the Sasquatch Escape Series is called The Rain Dragon Rescue .The fourth book is called The Order of the Unicorn , and the fifth book is called The Griffin’s Riddle.Happy early B-Day Cassie.I hope you have a fun B-Day.
    Love,
    Panika

Reply
  5. Jillian

Dear Mrs. Rosenquist,

I read lots of books this summer. My favorite was the Harry Potter series. I read number one and number two.

From,
    Jillian

Reply
  6. Kyler

Hello, Mrs. Rosenquist! I haven’t read much,but i’m sure i’ll read more next summer. I read the diary of the wimpy kid series and some other books. I’m sure i will read more books next summer.

Reply