#classroombookaday

This year we have accepted the #classroombookaday challenge! It is our goal to read aloud at least 1 picture book per day.  (Mrs. Rosenquist would like to thank 2 teachers, Jillian Heise and Donalyn Miller for the idea.)  Why, you ask? There are so many reasons! It’s fun, it helps build classroom community, gives us all common stories to talk about throughout the year, helps us appreciate art, inspires us as writers, and inspires a joy for reading…to name just a few reasons. Picture books are for everyone, not just little kids.

What is your favorite picture book?

Which of our #classroombookaday books is your favorite so far?

Why do you like read aloud time?

img_1359 img_1358

25 thoughts on “#classroombookaday

1. Riley

Dear Mrs. Rosenquist,
    I really like classroom book a day.My favorite picture book of all time is “The name jar” my favorite classroom book a day is”I Yam a Donkey” By the way read aloud isn’t on today’s agenda.
    From Riley.

Reply
  2. Dayana

I really enjoy the # classroombookaday challenge. It helps us build up our reading stamina and understand to read more books. One of my favorite books we read as a class is I Yam A Donkey. It is super funny because it uses bad grammar in the story. I really recommend for you guys to read it. I really hope you relish it.

Love,
    Dayana!!

Reply
  3. Hemi

Dear Mrs Rozenquist,

My favorite picture books are I yam a donkey,Beekle,and Wolfie the bunny.I also like read aloud time because Mrs Rozenenquist makes sounds to go with the characters.l love the stories we read everyday

Reply
  4. givanni

Dear class
    My favorite book was rules of the house because it’s really funny and it looks like something I would do

from Givanni

Reply
    1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

Givanni,
      Would you be the rule breaking, pinching sister or the rule following brother!?
      Mrs. Rosenquist

Reply
  5. Robert

Dear Mrs.Rosenquest

My favorite picture book so far this year was Rules of The House. This was my favorite book because I liked fact that Ian and Jenny were opposites.

Reply
  6. Brenda

Dear Class,
    My favorite picture book is My Rotten Redhead Older Brother because it reality with my brother and sister. I have to console my sister and my brother jeers at when I am in trouble .
    From,
    Brenda

Reply
    1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

Dear Brenda,
      Yes, those sibling relationships can be tense! But just like Richie, it sounds like you love them even when they are annoying. And by the way, love the use of our vocabulary words!
      Mrs. Rosenquist

Reply
  7. Giovanna

Dear Mrs.Rosenquist,
    My favorite book is The Rules Of The House.I like this book because,when the boy left his sister with the monsters ,I thought that was funny.
    Love,Giovanna

Reply
  8. Kenny

Dear class,
    I yam Kenny and my favorite class book is I Yam A Donkey. I relish this book because it is very funny.
    From,
    Kenny

Reply
    1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

Ha! Ha! Kenny!
      Yam a yam a ding dong! Nice use of the vocabulary word. I relish the idea of students using fancy words!
      Mrs. Rosenquist

Reply
  9. Ashly

Dear Rosenquist,

I like the book rules of the house.I like the book because the two.sibling fight one follows the rules the other break the rules.The boy left his sister so the monster would eat her, but he came back to save his sister life and that nice that means they do love each other

love, Ashly

Reply
  10. Emeli

Dear Mrs.Rosenquist,
    I like the book called Rules Of The House.
    I like that book because the main characters sister was a rule breaker and She broke almost all the rules and she opened a red door then some monsters wanted to eat her. This is why I like this book.

Love,Emeli

Reply
  11. seline

Dear, Class
    My favorite book that we read was OOKO this is because it shows that you don’t need to change to get someone to like you because then you don’t like the person that you become. Fellow classmates what did you learn from this book.

Reply
  12. jose

Im going to try to read the 40 book challenge i like to reading books but i read books at a certain time sometimes i read at night when there is no noise.

Reply
  13. jake

Dear mrs.rosenquist,
    my favorite book out of all the #classroombookaday would probably be the adventures of beekle. I picked him because it really did pack a punch because he was all lonely and travel through a ocean to find a friend and I got all emotional about the story that is why I picked beekle.
    from,jake

Reply
  14. Jordyn

Dear Mrs. Rosenquist,

My favorite read aloud #bookaday so far is I Yam a Donkey because, I thought that the bad grammar is so funny and that the donkey thinks the yam is a donkey too, hilarious! One of my favorite picture books is, The Pigeon Wants a Hot Dog featuring the Little Duckling because, it is just so funny how when the pigeon gives the duck some hot dog he thinks it tastes like chicken!

Love,
    Jordyn!

Reply
  15. victoria

Dear Mrs. Rosenquist, I like read aloud because you read some funny books and I love it. You are the best teacher in the world. My favorite book is The Rules Of The House, and I yam A Donkey. I love books so much thanks to you. You are the best. Are you reading Discount Diva?? How do you like it?????? Its good. You will like as much as I do.

Love, Victoria

Reply
    1. Mrs. Rosenquist Post author

Dear Victoria,
      Thank you so much for the book, Discount Diva. I am going to try and read it this weekend!
      Thanks,
      Mrs. Rosenquist

Reply
      1. Victoria

Dear Mrs. Rosenquist, I hope you like it. Its really good. When you finished reading the book you can read it to the class if you want. I know you will like it.

love, Victoria

Reply
  16. Gianna

Dear Mrs.Rosenquist
    My favorite book was OOKO because he was trying to find a friend but he couldn’t then he found a dog then he dressed like the dog and he went up to the dog and he looked at him then the owner realized he was a fox and then he kept doing it over and over again then he finally went back to his house and then he found a possum.

Reply
  17. Ava

Dear Mrs. Rosenquist,

I think picture books is for everyone because the pictures in the book make everything more fun because it’s interesting and it makes the book make more sense than reading it without pictures. I like read aloud time because all the books are fun to listen to and sometimes they are funny. My favorite read aloud book is this is not my hat. my favorite picture book is a book i have at home called Don’t wake up the bear!

Reply